Samsung GALAXY is a set of Smartphone that is designed, manufactured and as well as marketed by Samsung – the world-renowned electronic manufacturing giant. In fact, a GALAXY Smartphone is more of a mobile computing device, which runs on Android Operating System. In fact, GALAXY series is the most popular brand of Smartphone in India these days. Prices and features of a Samsung Smartphone vary accordingly. As such, the electronic manufacturer has recently launched GALAXY S5, the latest merchandise in the particular range. The product has received ample kudos in the market. However, before getting into that, let us spare a glance on its vital technical specifications.
- It is based on GPRS platform, follows the High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) protocol supporting speed of 4.2 mbps
- Physical dimension is 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm and weighs only 145 g
- 12.95 cm screen supports full High Definition, Super AMOLED technology
- Battery specification is 2800 mAh
- Bluetooth specification is BT 4.0(LE) and USB version is 3.0
- Supports an internal user memory of 16 GB, with an external user memory that can be extended up to 128 GB
- SD RAM that comes along with it is 2 GB
- Android O/S that runs the device is Kitkat, version 4.4.2
- The processor that runs the device belongs to the type Adonis Prime2, having a speed of Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz + XMM6360
- There are two cameras the front one having 2 MP capacity, while that of the rear is of 16 MP
- Most importantly, the device supports a number of sensors, which include
- RGB ambient light and
- Heart Rate Sensor, etc.
First of all, S5 is a high-end device that costs about half a lac! Therefore, assessing the device in the most unbiased way is crucial.
As far as running an assessment on the gadget is concerned, here is the output.
Assessing the GALAXY S5
- Design and display – As far as, its design and display are concerned, GALAXY S5 scores a perfect 5 point.
- Basic technicality – On basic technical aspect, the device is pretty fast and conveniently allows multitasking
- Dust and water resistant – It is dust and water resistant. However, one has to understand it is not waterproof. Therefore, carrying it for underwater expeditions could be extremely disappointing. However, for all of you residing in Mumbai, or in the Himalayan foothills including the North East, and even in Kerala, water resistant feature of GALAXY S5 is a big plus.
- Fingerprint and heart rate sensor – On the innovative aspect, its fingerprint scanner and heart rate sensor are truly impressive. Fingerprint scanner is embedded on HOME button. If the feature is activated the phone will unlock only for you and for rest of the world it just will not provide any access. This is a great way to implement security on such a high-end device.
- The heart rate sensor is placed on the rear, right next to LED flash and it runs on S-Health App.
- Camera – The 16 megapixel camera has a sharp autofocus that is helpful in capturing stills of moving objects. Secondly, the selection focus feature of the lens allows blurring the background of an object, somewhat similar to that of a DSLR camera.
- Additions – The Air View menu allows to access phone menus without clicking multiple windows. This is a great feature indeed from the aspect of functionality. The Toolbox feature stores the commonly used features separately.
- Power-saving – The ultra power saving mode is indeed a positive feature. Once if it is turned on, it sustains the battery life of the device for a pretty long time.
- However, on the flip side audio output quality for GALAXY S5 is sadly uninspiring.
Now, the inevitable point that rises is whether one should go for it not. As such, considering all the relevant aspects it is better to go for it, especially for them who want to use a high-end Android phone. The positive factors of the device outweigh the negative ones by all means.