SEO – as it is widely known – is the abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. It is a popular way to get online traffic from
- Natural and
listings on the Search Engines. Search Engines, including the major ones like Google, Bing and Yahoo!, generate Search Engine Result Pages (SERP) in response to a search query. These pages display links that the Search Engine considers relevant to a given query. The competition, among the business entities, is based in securing the top positions on a SERP listing. Higher SERP ranking for a website ensures its higher chances of getting online customers.
Strategy for large scale corporate houses
The entire corporate sector around the world has come to realize the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns. This is particularly true for the large-scale businesses. That is why most of the large corporate houses – if not all – allocate hefty funds for availing quality SEO service. In fact, if one goes through the websites of some of the major business brands of the contemporary times, one will unfailingly notice that these entities maintain an impeccable online presence in their respective domains of professional expertise.
Advantages at work
As such, these brands maintain their relentless SEO campaigning throughout the year. This continuous and dedicated effort helps these websites secure higher SERP rankings. However, this is not all. The major business houses enjoy some other significant advantages as well.
- In most cases, websites for the major corporate houses, irrespective of any particular domain of business, are pretty old.
- Most of these virtual portals – if not all – were launched a long time back.
These factors provide massive advantage to the SEO experts who provide their expert service to such web portals. These factors help these portals to respond promptly and effectively to almost any SEO strategy that is implemented on them.
As such, this is the reason that explains why comparatively a small proportion of effort produces unimaginable results for these online portals.
Strategies at work
The SEO experts, on their part, have to shoulder multi-faceted responsibility. First of all, it requires to be clarified that SEO strategies that are implemented for large businesses are completely different from those implemented in small and medium-scale businesses. Various strategies that they implement in this context include
- Online Reputation Management (ORM)
- Optimising their presence across Social Media platforms (SMO)
- Pay per Click (PPC) and
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), etc.
Online Reputation Management
Managing reputation online is all about the process of controlling what is displayed on the SERP when an internet user Googles someone’s name or that of a business organizations. ORM – as it is abbreviated these days – deals with
- Promoting positive content to top of the SERP listing and
- Pushing adverse contents or reports further down
to ensure researchers do not get that far and dig up unwanted stuff that may malign the reputation of a popular brand.
In fact, it is the single most crucial aspect, in the present times, for any large-scale corporate brand across the world.
Social Media Optimization (SMO)
Social Media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, etc. provide unprecedented opportunities for the brands to engage with their customer base. However, to avail the full potential of these robust platforms, a big-ticket corporate entity conducts SMO. In fact, some of the significant objectives in this context include
- Building or reinforcing brand awareness
- Engage consumers in an ongoing dialogue
- Capture leads and consumer data
- Augment sales and
- Amplify the scope of marketing along with its impact
Pay per Click (PPC)
PPC is a unique advertising strategy used across the internet. It is simply defined as, the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked. In fact, it is an effective way to direct online traffic to a particular website. These ads appear either at the top, right or bottom of SERPs that display organic search results. This is an expensive way of advertising and as such, business enterprises that have sufficient funds can only go for this.
There are several advantages that successful PPC campaign can provide.
- PPC ads generate visibility for a web portal almost immediately, as the ads are displayed right away on a Search Engine Result Page. Therefore, results of this form of campaigning provide instant result.
- On the other hand, the ads can be modified, appended or deleted anytime.
- Easy to implement.
- Client pays only when there is a click on the advertisement.
- PPC advertisers select who the ads will be displayed to, including keyword selection, location and language specifications, etc.
- Advertisers can moreover quantify the success of their campaigns, as well as determine the amount that they will spend on such a campaign.
Conversion Rate Optimization
In the world of internet marketing CRO is a process of creating an experience for a website visitor that aims to convert the visitor into a customer. This is also a unique online marketing strategy that is implemented by the large-scale businesses. CRO provides ample advantages, some of which are as follows.
- It helps in getting more customers for no additional fee.
- It is ideal to make an existing business more robust.
- CRO makes ample financial sense, as the profit it generates happens to be amazingly sensitive to the rate of conversion.
In fact, these are the conventional SEO strategies that large scale businesses undertake. Moreover, as mentioned earlier, the big brands can afford sufficient fund for implementing online marketing strategies. The brands can – in addition to all the methods mentioned above – can afford to display their names on popular online shopping forums like e-bay and Jabong, etc.
This is a unique strategy to augment a brand’s visibility across the virtual world of the internet. In fact, each of these strategies is not exactly aimed at building up a brand from the scratch. Rather, these steps are more effective in maintaining the reputation of a brand and further contributing to its online revenue generation at the same time.