The market for Smartphone has already attained a colossal structure in India these days. As such, almost every alternate individual, across the length and the breadth of the country, can be seen carrying a variation of this device. Thanks to economic globalization, all the major brands of the world have stepped into the country, bringing their exclusive products along. Thus, there is really a wide range of choice for the consumers on this aspect.
However, huge number of options in the given context inadvertently helps the customers getting more confused. In fact, choosing between an iPhone and an Android device is nevertheless an easy task. Both these ranges of products possess an exclusive set of features. However, if one looks closely enough, some of the key differences of the devices will come up and meet the eyes.
Android vs. iPhone
- Apple Inc. is the sole manufacturer of an iPhone. All iPhone products maintain a kind of uniformity, as far as user experience is considered.
- While on the other hand, Google allows various brands like Samsung, LG and HTC, etc. to use its Android O/S on their Smartphone products.
- Thus, Android phones come in various shapes, size, weight, user interface and features, etc.
- However, both the range of devices is known to have certain hardware complications. Some Android phones get overheated, while antenna in iphones generally plays the spoilsport to the users.
- Android is Open Source resource. In fact, latest versions of Operating Systems are not generally supported by older versions of Android phones.
- Apple timely updates its tasks and as such, newer versions of Operating System are more prone to run on older versions of an iPhone.
iOS6 is the latest version of O/S that is fully supported by iPhone 4, a product that was launched about a couple of years earlier.
- Apps for iPhones are available across App Store, while Android apps are downloaded from Play Store. That apart, the basic process of accessing apps to the respective devices is grossly same.
- Google entertains much relaxed policies in downloading and using its apps. While Apple Inc. follows much rigid policies in this regard.
- Both the Android devices and iPhones provide equally excellent GPS (Global Positioning System) facility that provides turn-by-turn road directions to motorists.
- Interestingly, both the devices use Google Maps to navigate directions for their users.
- Android phones have much larger screen sizes than an iPhone. Latest devices in this category have screen sizes as large as almost 6 inches.
- On the other hand, an iPhone 5 has a much improved screen dimension of 4 inches. In fact, Apple emphasizes on portability of its products.
- Now, here are some other crucial factors that one should better take into consideration while opting for any of these products.
- Apple Inc. products, including an iPhone, are disproportionately expensive. Whereas, Android phones are available across a wide range of price.
- In a country like India, where people value for money, this single factor is indeed crucial.
- Apple iPhone is simply superb, both in terms of its chic appearance and stunning features. However, handling an iPhone may prove somewhat troublesome as compared to Android devices. Functionality of Android phones is really uncomplicated when compared to the other one.
As such, giving a clear verdict on choosing any of these devices is a difficult task, by all means. Pros and cons related to the devices have already been explained. Different customers have different preferences, as well as varying objectives
As such, it will be much easier for individuals to make their final choice based on the factors mentioned above.