There was a time, even a few years ago, when creating a website was more than adequate to bring in business and reap higher profits. However, the undeniable fact is the advent of digital technology has made the precinct of business more competitive than ever. These days, one has to conduct Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on a website to ensure its high prominence across the Search Engines. As such, a webpage that ranks higher on Search Engine Result Page (SERP) is expected to generate more business than its competitors. It is because of this turn of events that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has become one of the most vital online marketing tools in the recent times!
SEO Strategies and Website Designing
Now, in order to implement successful SEO strategies on a website and enhance its visibility across the internet, one has to incorporate certain SEO friendly tactics while developing the portal. The truth is as simple as that and there is just no option to seek success without it.
There are several aspects of making a website Search Engine-friendly. Technology has already taken huge leap – to the delight of the competent website developers – to facilitate this. Previously, most websites were static in nature; while, the websites, in the recent times, are composed of highly dynamic web pages, facilitating more user interaction. These factors are obviously relevant in creating SEO-friendly websites, as well as implementing successful SEO strategies on them, resulting in enhancing their visibility on the web.
Search Engine-Friendly Navigation – it implies, creating a structure that the Search Engines can understand conveniently. In spite of best efforts from competent web development services it happens that the search engines fail to locate a website. Experience says, it happens due to the placement of images in place of texts while making links.
· Therefore, it is crucial to ensure all links and buttons are text-base.
· Photoshop and CSS3 are pretty effective in speeding up load times on the internet.
URL’s and Filenames – SEO-friendly URLs ensure Search Engines can almost instantly identify what a particular webpage is about.
· One can include keywords in the URL as this contributes to Search Engine visibility.
SEO-friendly URLs are more descriptive. Let us consider two examples.
SEO-friendly URL: http://www.nationalitsolution.com/services/ecommerce-solutions/
Non SEO-friendly URL: http://www.nationalitsolution.com/services/item1?=20193
- Having an SEO-friendly URL means search engines can quickly identify what a page is about. It’s also a good tactic to include keywords in the URL as this increases Search Engine visibility.
- While naming image files it is better to use descriptive words, as it makes things easier for Search Engines to understand.
Website Images – Images are more than often overlooked in the aspect of SEO, but they play crucial role in the entire optimization process.
- Image sizes should be as small as possible, considering the Smartphone users, as well as those using slow internet connections
- Smaller images contribute to faster loading time, as well as subsequently enhancing visibility for the Search Engines
- Place the images in context to a page; relevant text around an image facilitates better understanding by the Search Engines
- Placing all images in a single folder and naming the folder relevantly, proves helpful in the journey ahead
Keywords – These are one of the crucial aspects of any Search Engine Optimization campaign. If, in case, one uses a wrong set of keywords then neither the Search Engines, nor the target customer base will never find out that site. Here are some useful tips to zero-in upon the right keywords.
- Create a list of potential keywords, i.e. those relevant words related to a particular search topic
- Next, use in-built keyword tool, like Wordtracker and Google Adwords Keyword Tool, etc. finalize the keyword list based on research
- Here it is useful to create both lists of broad and targeted keywords
- On an average, it is a smart move to go for typically 4-4 keywords per page
- Perfect Website Optimization explains how to incorporate keywords into the ‘alt’ tag
For any competent website development company, higher SERP ranking of its websites is the best reward possible. However, an SEO expert needs to take care of the Social Media platform, including the Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc. These platforms are the best ways to ensure quality inward links.